Once upon a time, I started a blog. I didn’t know it at the time, but I was learning how to write—figuring out my voice, mostly, but also practicing craft. I found it amusing for a while, and challenging. It was the beginning of a whole new path from Singing to Writing to Editing. I don’t write much anymore for others. Instead I help others with their writing. Vastly more challenging, satisfying, and sometimes, yes, quite amusing!
Five quick things about me (or, The fun bio I wish I could put in a concert program because I love these things so much!):
- I LOVE romance novels. I love feel-good stories with a happy ending no matter what the genre, but with romance, a happy ever after is pretty much guaranteed.
- I also edit them. I found my passion for editing while taking a break from writing, which I also love. I came to writing unexpectedly–when I started this blog–and feel so lucky to have found a creative outlet that suits my heart and personality so perfectly.
- When I was in high school, I said I wanted to be an opera singer. Really, I just wanted to sing. While opera will always have a place in my heart, my true passion is on the concert stage, which maintains a connection to my choral upbringing.
- My awesome husband and I have an amazing family—kids and grandkiddies and extended family who actually like each other and get along!
- We live in Ohio, not because we have to, but also because we love it here. Ohio really is “The Heart of It All.”
This blog is dormant for now–simply sleeping. But one never knows when the princely muse will rouse the writer from her slumber.
There are additional posts at The Editing Soprano related to writing and editing.