Things I have learned over the past week (in no particular order):
- I have a great extended family. Yes, we’re all a little nuts, but I love my family. I wish we lived closer, but maybe I wouldn’t appreciate them as much if we did.
- I LOVE Southern cooking, especially the veggies. Butter beans, black-eyed peas, cream peas (which I didn’t get this time around)…. YUM. Also, I would probably weigh at least 50 lbs more if I ate like that all the time!!!
- When it’s time to come home, I become grumpy, cranky and impatient with the wait. For some reason, I don’t mind a 14-hr drive to get there, but it seems impossibly long on the way home. Maybe because I have a terrific husband and kids, too.
- I’m terrible at blogging – I had 5 days to draft deep thoughts, and…yeah. But I will keep trying, and maybe even get better. 🙂
- Also, I don’t think I understand this whole twitter thing….which is unfortunate, since I have an account. Again, I’ll keep trying, and maybe even get better. 🙂
- And finally, Carmen is haunting me, and Michaela is calling my name. Every time I turned around, I’d hear the music, see something online, even see ads on TV! (Carmen Jones, and I’m sorry I missed it) I’m pretty sure that means it’s time to reacquaint myself with Michaela, intimately this time. She’s going to be my new best friend! 🙂