Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique, exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
I really do think of my life as boringly normal. And I think that’s a good thing – most of the time. I get just enough excitement occasionally to remind me how much I love ‘boringly normal.’ However I also know that my life is extremely blessed. I am fortunate enough to have family close by, and we all get along pretty well. I have a wonderful husband and kids (not perfect, but wonderful 🙂 ) – and in case I don’t remember on my own, there are plenty of people in my life who remind me – and frequently – how lucky I am. 🙂
Here is my list (I have done a LOT of lists lately – and all about me! Am I a soprano or what?!)
1. As stated up above, I have family close, and we get along. Not everyone can say that!
2. Music is my favorite. Oh, wait…that’s not much of a surprise, is it, considering I’m a musician… I love hard rock – primal and visceral – it gets me pumped for concerts, amongst other things. That usually does surprise people.
3. My kids are proud of my musical accomplishments. While I sometimes think of my job as treadmill-like (working hard but going no-where fast) they (and my daughter especially) tell their friends that I am an ‘opera singer’, which is way cooler than the other moms’ jobs (the ones who are accountants or nurses and actually come out ahead at the end of the fiscal year). I guess I do have a pretty cool job – at least it’s one that I love! And my kids are proud of me! Have I mentioned that they’re teenagers? This has to be both unique and odd, to have teens that think of their mother as something other than the often-annoying woman who takes care of them. Not that they need taking care of, because they’re practically adults…
4. Odd – I used to have straight hair – like, stick-straight, unless I had a perm – but now it’s curly. I’m not sure when it changed over, but it did. And I am so glad! I always envied my curly-topped friends.
5. I am obsessed with lip balm. Really and Truly. This is odd, but I’m used to it, so I don’t mind.
6. Exciting – well, not really, but it’ll do. I have a terrific sense of humor, and love to laugh. Sometimes I’m the only one that finds my witty repartee funny, but mostly I amuse others too. that can be exciting, especially when my brain is firing on all cylinders.