In no particular order:
1. Singing for kids is a great deal of fun – they are an honest and appreciative audience, and they ask good (and sometimes hard) questions. Also, kids get a kick out of opera, if given a chance to hear it up close & personal.
2. Three hours of singing is my current limit. It was spread through the day, but I was quite aware when the voice (and, to a certain extent, the brain) said, “I’m done for the day.”
3. I really, truly, love singing. LOVE. And I’m good at what I love.
4. I really enjoy teaching. I’m not at the couldn’t-live-without-it stage, but I could be someday. My students are constantly teaching me and surprising me. This week has been tickle-me-pink joy-filled.
5. Some people are every bit as shy as I am, and are very glad to have someone say hello and talk to them! Gruff appearances often mask tender hearts.
6. Cozy pajamas are the very best after a long day from home. As is a snuggly puppy.