Dear, Sweet, and Lovely Eileen,
Have I told you lately how amazing you are? Seriously. Amazing. When I grow up, I want to be just like you. Here are just a few reasons I look up to you.
You as an artist:
- You are a hard worker – You just get right in there, roll up your sleeves, and do whatever it takes to see a project through to the end. You do the stuff no one else wants to do, or that no one else even notices needs to be done! You show me how to see the big picture, yet take care of the details that make the picture more beautiful in the end.
- You are relentless, and relentlessly positive – When the going gets tough, the tough get going, right?! Persistence is a virtue you carry in spades, and I look at you, I see your can-do attitude (even when I know you want to do-not) and it inspires me to just keep swimming, swimming, swimming…
- You are true to your word – your personal and professional integrity is (are?) stellar. If you say you will do something, you will, and you’ll do it to the best of your ability.
On a personal note:
- You are a “positive energy” – you always have a warm smile and a big squeeze to greet your friends, and you light up a room with your presence. People can’t help but be in a good mood around you. Your laughter is contagious!
- You are thoughtful and kind – when I have needed words of encouragement, you have always been there with a pick-me-up. Yet you do not lie to me – if I need a kick in the pants, I get that, too! You are a sincere and true friend.
These are just a few reasons. I would type more, but I don’t want my keyboard to get wet. It seems to be raining from somewhere in the vicinity of my eyes…