6 quick things about me
(or, The fun bio I wish I could put in a concert program because I love these things so much!):
- I LOVE romance novels. I love feel-good stories with a happy ending no matter what the genre, but with romance, a happy ever after is pretty much guaranteed.
- I also edit them. I found my passion for editing while taking a break from writing, which I also love. I came to writing unexpectedly–when I started this blog–and feel so lucky to have found a creative outlet that suits my heart and personality so perfectly.
- When I was in high school, I said I wanted to be an opera singer. Really, I just wanted to sing. While opera will always have a place in my heart, my true passion is on the concert stage, which maintains a connection to my choral upbringing.
- I love my ‘voice studio babies’ whether they’re twelve or seventy-eight. And yes, my students’ ages run the gamut. Teaching keeps me on my toes, musically and intellectually. I learn as much as they do, and quite possibly get more excited than they do when they have a ‘light-bulb’ moment!
- Speaking of babies, my awesome husband and I have two amazing kids. They aren’t really kids anymore, but they’re still amazing.
- I live in Ohio, not because I have to, but also because I love it here. Ohio really is “The Heart of It All.”
I started my blog, in part, to talk about my journey as a singer (hence the name) but it has turned out that I just as often talk about things that have nothing to do with that journey specifically – or much to do with anything particularly. It is a bit of a mish-mash of diversions and monthly challenges. I blog for my own enjoyment, and to perhaps amuse my friends and family. If you have found it amusing, or thoughtful, then it’s an added bonus. Thank you for visiting.